Revision 1 as of 2012-02-23 16:24:26
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
APPENDIX VII - Guidelines for minimum requirements for advertising genetic merit of dairy animals
- The Interbull Steering Committee approved on August 28, 1999, the following guidelines, as minimum requirements:
- Interbull provides these guidelines to its members who are by and large responsible for the computation and publication of genetic evaluations and are thus referred to as Animal Evaluation Units.
- Animal Evaluation Units are encouraged to establish and enforce codes of ethics for the resulting use of their genetic evaluations.
- Interbull recognises that the use of genetic evaluations from any Animal Evaluation Unit in any country should be according to the code of ethics of that Unit.
- Publications containing genetic evaluations by an Animal Evaluation Unit or by an organisation using the evaluations provided by any Unit shall include at least the following:
- Source of evaluation (for example ADC, ANAFI, CONAFE, NRS, USDA, VIT) and country of scale, if appropriate.
- Date of evaluation and base.
- Evaluation expression: EBV or PTA
- Evaluation units: e.g. kg or lbs.
Evaluations shall be presented in the same units they are published in by the Units that provide them. Those evaluations are often national evaluations, but may be Interbull evaluations or converted evaluations where the Unit that provides them recognises such evaluations. Each Unit (country) is to have only one scale (evaluation expression and units) for yield traits. In no case shall units or expressions be manipulated, such as presentation of US evaluations as EBV, instead of PTA as officially used, or values normally expressed as EBV in kg shown as EBV in lbs.
This code is focused on the advertising of animals, individually or in lists. It does not preclude the presentation of results on other scales as may be appropriate and necessary for scientific papers and similar reports not distributed for general consumption or for merchandising.